Independent Assessment, Audit and Review
- Design and Implementation of HSE Assurance Strategies and Programmes
- Major Accident Hazard and Process Safety Audits
- Safety Case Regulations ‘Reg 5’ Audits to assure Installation Operator Capability
- Major Project & Operational Readiness Reviews
- Contractor Assurance
- Development of Improvement Strategies and Change Management
- Virtual Data Room and Site-based Due Diligence
Scope: Independent Audit and Assurance services, focussing on Major Accident Hazards. Direct contracts with various clients.
Our clients required independent support to meet their internal and legal obligations to audit their major accident hazard operations in the UK North Sea and internationally. This also meets a regulatory expectation.
Scapa Energy Deliverables:
Scapa Energy has developed and implemented Audit and Assurance Frameworks. These frameworks are focussed on audit of key Major Accident Hazard controls and safeguards, such as Control of Work, Integrity Management, Maintenance Management, Operational Risk Management and Management of Change.
Onshore and site-based audits are carried out by Scapa Energy consultants. Evidence-based feedback is prioritised against industry good practice and shared with the client leadership team.
The audit programme also includes audit of overall Management System effectiveness, Installation Operator Capability (Reg 5) audits, Drilling Contractor and other higher risk Contractor Assurance.
Value provided to Client:
- Independent and unbiased feedback on the effectiveness of Major Accident Hazard safeguards, in turn, clearly demonstrating compliance with the Safety Case Regulations, and other key Legislation.
- Cost effective utilisation of independent service, with minimal demands on internal resource. Costs only incurred for audit preparation, execution and reporting which is dependent on the extent of auditing required by EnQuest.
- Recommendations provided which are practical and targeted at reducing risk exposure, achieving regulatory compliance, and improving organisational learning.
- Strong partner relationship developed built on open and honest engagement, high quality reporting and efficient delivery of service.